We’re a not- for profit co-op, offering a trusted, ethical place for members to save and borrow.
We provide a range of affordable financial services for current and retired Co-op employees and members from a host of co-operative and mutual businesses.
Since our launch in 1998, we’ve lent over £30m to our members at affordable rates, and always work in the best interest of our members.
Any questions? We’ve compiled answers to a wide range of Frequently Asked Questions which will tell you more about joining, saving and borrowing with us.
Not yet a member? find out more about joining or click on the buttons below to apply now.
Want to apply for a loan too?
How you could benefit:
Loans available from £50 to £15,000 at competitive rates. Spread the cost of holidays, home improvements, a new car, household appliances or other expenses
Consolidate debts from credit cards, overdrafts or other lenders into one affordable monthly payment, potentially saving you money
Payments are taken directly from payroll for co-op colleagues, so you’ll never miss an instalment. Direct debit available for other members.
No hidden fees or early resettlement penalties
Plus, you’ll build savings for a rainy day as you repay your loan
Membership is open to a range of employees and pensioners of a wide range of co-operative organisations, as well as members of a number of co-ops (see a full list here) and gives access to a range of benefits all year round.
To join, simply click below to complete our joining form, which takes less than three minutes to complete.
How it works
• Because we’re a co-op and don’t have outside shareholders to satisfy, we’re able to pass on affordable loan rates to our members – quite simply, we’re run by members, for the benefit of our members
• You can take a look at example loan rates on our loans calculator
• In addition to loan repayments, all members must save a minimum of £10/month, which is taken directly from your payroll
• This means you build up savings even when you’re repaying a loan, and savings quickly mount up
• Note: All membership and loan applications are subject to approval and Join and Borrow application available to qualifying co-op employees
The Co-op Credit Union uses an online service, which meets the requirements of anti-money laundering legislation, allowing us to verify the identity of new members. If you would rather not be checked electronically you can still send documentation. Please ask for details. If we cannot find out enough information about you, we reserve the right to ask for documentation.