● Borrow from £50- £15,000 at fair rates and pay back at a pace you can afford
● Open to new members- including employees & members of a wide range of co-operative organisations
● Easy online application – apply now
Our Christmas Loan is here to help you spread the cost of Christmas. Open to both new and existing members, apply online now and have the funds ready get your Christmas shopping started.
Every year, we help hundreds of members avoid high-cost lenders and finance their festive season without the stress. You can repay in instalments at a pace to suit you, making for a more relaxing Christmas.
A typical loan of £1,000, repaid in 12 monthly instalments of £95.66, could save you hundreds of pounds on the cost of borrowing elsewhere. We estimate we saved our members over £350,000 in loan interest in one year alone*
Apply online now, and you could have the funds in your account and ready to spend within two working days or less.
* we conservatively estimate that our lending during the financial year 2020/21 saved our borrowers over £350,000 in interest they would have otherwise paid had they have borrowed elsewhere.
Use our loans calculator to get an idea of what your monthly payments might be.
Typical cost to borrow £1,000 for 12 months:
As a guide, here’s how much a Co-op Credit Union Christmas Loan could cost:
Example for illustrative purposes only
How it works
• In addition to loan repayments, all members must save a minimum of £10/month, which is taken directly from payroll or by direct debit.
• This means you build up savings even when you’re repaying a loan, and savings quickly mount up.
• Because we’re a co-op and don’t have outside shareholders to satisfy, we’re able to pass on affordable loan rates to our members.
• You can take a look at example loan rates on our loans calculator
• All membership and loan applications are subject to approval
We’ve answered some of the most commonly asked questions here- from how we make loan decisions to how long it takes to receive a loan, but if there’s something else you’d like more information on, please get in touch, the team will be happy to help.