Want to apply for a loan but not yet a member?
Eligible new members can now apply for a loan at the same time as joining the credit union by completing our online ‘join and borrow’ application form.
Are you eligible?
To apply to join & borrow, you must be an employee or pensioner of one of the following organisations so that your repayments and savings can be taken by payroll deduction:
The Co-op Group, Co-op Financial Services, The Co-operative Bank, Co-operatives UK, 2 Sisters, Charities Aid Foundation, Unicorn Grocery Manchester, FC United of Manchester, Mid Counties, Southern Co-operative Society, Tamworth Co-operative Society, The Association of British Credit Unions Limited, The Co-operative Academies Trust, The Co-operative Academy, The Co-operative College, The Co-operative News, The Co-operative Party, The Phone Co-op, Unity Trust Bank.
If you’re not an employee or pensioner of one of the listed organisations, you can still apply for a loan but you’ll need to join the credit union separately first.
If you have any questions about your eligibility to join and borrow, please contact us, we’ll be happy to advise.
Ready to join us and apply for a loan?
How it works
• In addition to loan repayments, all members must save a minimum of £10/month, which is taken directly from payroll.
• This means you build up savings even when you’re repaying a loan, and savings quickly mount up.
• Because we’re a co-op and don’t have outside shareholders to satisfy, we’re able to pass on affordable loan rates to our members.
• You can take a look at example loan rates on our loans calculator
• All membership and loan applications are subject to approval
The Co-op Credit Union uses an online service, which meets the requirements of anti-money laundering legislation, allowing us to verify the identity of new members. If you would rather not be checked electronically you can still send documentation. Please ask for details. If we cannot find out enough information about you, we reserve the right to ask for documentation.