We could save you money on the cost of a loan. Join today and borrow from £50 up to £15,000 – at fair and affordable rates.
You can apply for a loan at the same time as joining the credit union, subject to eligibility. Membership of The Co-op Credit Union is open to members and employees of a wide range of co-ops, societies and retail organisations. See here for more details.
Why chose us?
◦ Our interest rates are competitive because we are a not-for-profit organisation owned by members and run for the benefit of members.
◦ In the last 3 years alone we’ve saved our members over £1 million in interest that they would have paid had they borrowed the same amount elsewhere
◦ We pride ourselves on being fair and transparent – there are no joining fees, hidden charges or early repayment penalties with our loans and we only charge interest on the reducing loan balance to save you money.
◦ Members are required to save a minimum of £10/month (in addition to loan repayments) – so as you repay your loan, you’ll build up a pot of savings for future use.
◦ Savings and loan payments can be taken by payroll deduction (for qualifying employee members, see here) or by direct debit, making repayments easy.
Use our loans calculator to get an idea of what your monthly payments might be.
We’ve answered some of the most commonly asked questions about our loans below- from how we make loan decisions to how long it takes to receive a loan, but if there’s something else you’d like more information on, check out our full FAQs here, or please get in touch, the team will be happy to help.
All loan applications are subject to our Loan Approval Policy. Members who have been declined for a loan with us in the last 3 months are not eligible to apply. We will check your credit history and assess the affordability of loan repayments by reviewing your bank account(s). We may also request additional supporting information depending upon your circumstances, such as payslips, ID documents or immigration paperwork. All lending decisions are ultimately at the discretion of our team. We always do our best to say “yes” but unfortunately that is not always possible. We will be happy to provide information about how we made any decision upon request.
Good to know: funds held in all your credit union accounts combined are protected under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme up to £85,000. Visit fscs.org.uk for full details.