- Borrow £50 – £15,000
- Save whilst you repay
- Quick online application
- Free to join & no hidden fees or charges
Join thousands of people all over the UK benefitting from our affordable loans & savings.
Save money on the cost of borrowing with honest, fair & competitive rates on loans for any purpose, from holiday loans to car loans. And start saving from just £10/month.
Who can join? Membership is open to a wide range of co-op members & co-op employees, and members of other qualifying organisations e.g Usdaw. Or, anyone can join The Co-op Food first to qualify if not already eligible – see our ‘who can join‘ page for more details.
Join & get a loan now
What does it cost?
As a guide, here’s how much a typical Co-op Credit Union Loan for £1,000 could cost:
Example for illustrative purposes only
A typical loan of £1,000, repaid in 12 monthly instalments of £95.66, could save you hundreds of pounds on the cost of borrowing elsewhere. We estimate we saved our members over £350,000 in loan interest in one year alone*
* we conservatively estimate that our lending during the financial year 2020/21 saved our borrowers over £350,000 in interest they would have otherwise paid had they have borrowed elsewhere.
• Save from as little as £10.00 per month
• Savings quickly mount up – perfect for putting a bit aside for Christmas or holidays
• Plus, receive an annual dividend return on savings (subject to reserves)
• Borrow from £50 to £15,000
• Competitive rates of interest and higher acceptance rate than other providers
• No hidden fees or early settlement penalties
How you could benefit:
Loans available from £50 to £15,000 at competitive rates. Spread the cost of holidays, home improvements, a new car, household appliances or other expenses
Consolidate debts from credit cards, overdrafts or other lenders into one affordable monthly payment, potentially saving you money
Payments are taken directly from payroll for co-op colleagues, or direct debit for non-employees, so you’ll never miss an instalment.
No hidden fees or early resettlement penalties
Member offers and a range of support available to help you with managing your money
Plus, you’ll build savings for a rainy day as you repay your loan
How it works
• Because we’re a co-op and don’t have outside shareholders to satisfy, we’re able to pass on affordable loan rates to our members – quite simply, we’re run by members, for the benefit of our members
• You can take a look at example loan rates on our loans calculator
• In addition to loan repayments, all members must save a minimum of £10/month, which is taken directly from your payroll
• This means you build up savings even when you’re repaying a loan, and savings quickly mount up
• Note: All membership and loan applications are subject to approval and Join and Borrow application available to qualifying co-op employees
Want to know more?
We’ve compiled answers to a wide range of Frequently Asked Questions which will tell you more about joining, saving and borrowing, but if there’s something else you’d like more information on, please get in touch, the team will be happy to help.
Use our loans calculator to get an idea of what your monthly payments might be.