Join thousands of our members all over the UK already benefitting from affordable loans and savings.
Save from just £10 a month and watch your savings pot grow – perfect for Christmas, holidays or rainy days. Plus, we offer honest, fair and competitive rates on loans – just for co-op people like you. Loans for any purpose, from holiday loans to car loans.
We’re also here if you need help with getting on top of debts. Our consolidation loans have helped many members get back on track and save money on their repayments with other lenders.
Membership is exclusively for members and employees of many co-ops and qualifying organisations – (see our ‘who can join‘ page to find out more if you’re not sure).
• Save from as little as £10.00 per month
• Payroll deduction* makes saving easy
• Savings quickly mount up – perfect for putting a bit aside for Christmas or holidays
• Plus, receive an annual dividend return on savings (subject to reserves)
• Borrow from £50 to £15,000
• Repay by payroll deduction*
• Competitive rates of interest and higher acceptance rate than other providers
• No hidden fees or early settlement penalties
*Payroll deduction for qualifying co-op colleagues
How you could benefit:
Loans available from £50 to £15,000 at competitive rates. Spread the cost of holidays, home improvements, a new car, household appliances or other expenses
Consolidate debts from credit cards, overdrafts or other lenders into one affordable monthly payment, potentially saving you money
Payments are taken directly from payroll for co-op colleagues, so you’ll never miss an instalment. Direct debit available for other members.
No hidden fees or early resettlement penalties
Member offers and a range of support available to help you with managing your money
Plus, you’ll build savings for a rainy day as you repay your loan
Membership is open to wide variety of employees, members and pensioners from Co-op organisations (see a full list here) and gives access to a range of benefits all year round.
How it works
• Because we’re a co-op and don’t have outside shareholders to satisfy, we’re able to pass on affordable loan rates to our members – quite simply, we’re run by members, for the benefit of our members
• You can take a look at example loan rates on our loans calculator
• In addition to loan repayments, all members must save a minimum of £10/month, which is taken directly from your payroll
• This means you build up savings even when you’re repaying a loan, and savings quickly mount up
• Note: All membership and loan applications are subject to approval and Join and Borrow application available to qualifying co-op employees
Want to know more?
We’ve compiled answers to a wide range of Frequently Asked Questions which will tell you more about joining, saving and borrowing.
The Co-op Credit Union uses an online service, which meets the requirements of anti-money laundering legislation, allowing us to verify the identity of new members. If you would rather not be checked electronically you can still send documentation. Please ask for details. If we cannot find out enough information about you, we reserve the right to ask for documentation.