The Co-op Credit Union serves members working in co-operative organisations across the UK. It has over 8,500 members and assets of over £5m and is based in Manchester.
It is regulated by the PRA and FCA and is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme and the Financial Ombudsman Service.
With a new technology platform and a fast-growing membership, the credit union has ambitious plans for growing the business to serve members with attractive and fair priced savings and loans products offering a real co-operative alternative to other financial institutions and especially to high-cost credit providers.
The role holder will report to the board of the credit union which is looking for an individual who can:
- Lead the team of 7 staff
- Establish and grow relationships with senior management of the various co-operative and mutual organisations that we draw our members from; the largest of whom is The Co-operative Group in Manchester
- Provide effective leadership over sales and marketing activities to develop the business
- Embed the new technology platform into the credit union so that members and the business can fully benefit from the investment
- Ensure an appropriate risk management/compliance framework is in place
- And work with the board of non-executive directors on strategy development and delivery
- Deliver agreed objectives within agreed timescales.
- Experience of working in a credit union or other financial services providers or the co-operative movement would be desirable but not a requirement.
- Education to degree level or equivalent experience is expected.
- Salary will be in the region of £45k-£55k depending on experience.
A job profile can be obtained from our recruitment advisor (email below) and further information on The Co-op Credit Union can be found here on our website.Interested candidates should submit their CV, together with a statement on their interest in the role to our recruitment advisor: firstname.lastname@example.orgCLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 26th August 2019.